Pages

20 Jan 2020

Blue skies fresh air!

I'll never take blue skies and fresh air for granted again. In the last 4-5 days the smoke has cleared and the air pollution has gone down to normal levels as the fires move further away. We can finally open our windows again and we've started walking three days ago. I took this photo on our walk yesterday.






I've missed seeing this everyday SO much in the last few months! And I've missed being able to see the views around town and out to the mountains. Views I've just taken for granted everyday of my life. Fresh air and blue skies are #1on my gratitude list at the moment.

I had a good week at work last week, getting lots done before most of the staff come back to work today and the busy time starts. I've gone back to doing my flylady routines at home and cleaned out all the bathroom cupboards over the week. I tossed a lot of old makeup, lotions, electric razors and just rubbish that collects over the years. I have plenty of soap, shampoo, make-up & skin care to use up once I sorted it all so that will save me money this year using up all the half empties.

I started a temperature blanket this year, a different colour for each 2 degrees. Heres my progress so far.




And because I was enjoying it I started another small blanket in bright colours for myself. Just in single crotchet. I love bright colours.



One of the nice things about walking again is that thats when DH and I get time to chat and catch up. Mostly we've been talking about retirement, what we need to do before then, and how we will spend our time. Sometimes one of us will say 'when we're retired..." it feels more real now somehow, not so far away. We've both worked out our retirement dates, our holidays and our long service leave. We're really looking forward to it.

Now - its off to work for both of us - one day closer!

4 comments:

slugmama said...

I've never heard of a temperature blanket. That's a great way to use up lots of leftover yarn colors!

Glad your weather has greatly improved. We were in the Western US back in Summer of 2017 and saw some terrible fires then.

Practical Parsimony said...

That is a beautiful sky. I am glad you have it back to enjoy and that smoke has receded.

SAM said...

I hope the end of your fires is in sight. It is simple things when taken away, that are most missed.

Cheapchick said...

I am so glad that the smoke is gone for now - hopefully for good. We've seen those smoke filled days here due to fires in our Province and it really is hard to take day after day.