Pages

15 Oct 2019

September Progress Report

A belated progress report for September! I had it written out but forgot to hit publish.

Mortgage
The mortgage balance is now under $110,00! I put every cent I could find into the mortgage last month, I'm determined to reach our end of year goal.
  • current balance $109,687 
  • down from $116,577
  • total reduction $6,890
Retirement
The market was up last month so we had a nice big increase in our retirement savings:
  • me $144,900
  • DH $326,782
  • total $471,682
  • total increase $14,020
Health
Not much new, I am planning on getting back into walking when I return from holidays, my weight has gone up... lets just say work stress & leave it at that for the moment.

Work
This was my last month for a full second job income which all went into the mortgage. Just counting the days till retirement and trying to keep my head down. DH has been asked to do some extra hours until Christmas so that will help make up for my income going down.

Home
Not much change at home, a little bit more weeding and decluttering completed.

4 comments:

Out My window said...

Paying off that mortgage, that is all I think about these days. I was happy to see our accounts up this month also.

Mr. 39 Months said...

Congratulations on your progress. I know when we paid ours off (about 3 years ago) it lifted a big weight - and that was when we really started to look at being able to retire early.

Jan said...

Oh me too! I can't wait to have it gone.

Jan said...

thanks -I know I would just feel more secure with it gone, and I definitely don't want to retire with a mortgage still to pay.