Pages

16 Mar 2019

New Zealand

So sad this morning about the terrorist attack in New Zealand.  People at prayer,  families at worship together, executed by a white nationalist filled with hate.

Over the last ten years in Australia, as in other countries we've seen the rise of 'nationalism' in our society. And just like in the US we now have people in our government who are racist and seek to divide us against our muslim community.

How fearful and shortsighted they are.

I think of my clients that are Muslim and from other countries and how sad and afraid they must be feeling right now. I only hope they know that many people do care, do welcome them and do not condone the increasing rhetoric we are hearing downunder.

We have to do better than this.


2 comments:

T'Pol said...

So sad... Religion belongs to one's own heart. I think, secularism is the way to go. Terrorism has no religion. Racism has no religion. I was born in a 99% Muslim country although I do not identify myself as Muslim anymore. I think all religions are man-made.

Cheapchick said...

Very very sad, we too have the same issues in Canada although we are such a multinational country. Evil is everywhere unfortunately