Pages

1 Jan 2019

December Progress Report

I set huge goals last year, especially the mortgage goal. I'm pleased to say we reached most of them and had a total mortgage reduction of $40,425 in 2018! Essentially we have paid almost one full income off the mortgage this year. Our 2018 goals totals are listed here:  2018 Goals progress page

Mortgage

This month we finally got the redraw paid off completely.
  • $134,483  down from $135,345
  • $0 down from $5,643
  • total mortgage reduction $6,505
Retirement Savings 

Our superannuation balance is down this month again due to the stock market drops.
  • mine $109,221 
  • DH $267,200
  • total savings $376,421
  • total decrease $7,839
Groceries
  •  $50 CC  points
  •  $18.38 savings
  •  $68.38  total savings
Health

My weight went up another kg. I've finished the year up 2.9kgs from where I started. I did really well up until mid year when work stress just really set me back healthwise. I know what works for me and I'm working on getting back to it. We started walking a few days a week again since we've been on holidays. My health is my #1goal for 2019.

Work

Right now I'm not thinking about work! Its been a helluva year to be honest. I earned $11,215 (before tax) in my second job, which I really love doing, but it will be less this year as I'm getting tired. Work is just stressful and this year will be worse than last as we face more cuts. 

Home

I have really done a LOT of decluttering last week - 2 vans of stuff to the dump and one vanload of stuff to the op shop. My decluttering efforts slowed down in 2018 but I'm working pretty much full time on it so I can try and have the bulk of it done before I go back to work, then I can just try and keep on top of it through the year ahead. 

The yard and garden - well there is a very long list of jobs to be done lets just say that!

Overall its been a good month and financially I am really pleased with how we've done this year. I'm excited about 2019 and will post my goals for the year tomorrow. 

4 comments:

Hawaii Planner said...

You did so well in 2018! And, I hear you on the 2019 focus on fitness & health!

Moriah Joy @ Our Table For Two said...

I really enjoy walking, too. :D I got a full-time job this year, and noticed my physical exercise decline, so now I walk during my work breaks, and it's amazing. I also live about a 20 minute walk to the grocery store, and do that on the weekends to get my groceries for the day. It's really nice.

Jan said...

thanks :)

Jan said...

I really love the walking, walking at work is a great idea for stress management.