Pages

19 May 2018

Budgets, shopping & weekend plans

Well my worry about the budget blowout with DH's glasses turns out to be unfounded. His workplace is paying for one pair of glasses as they were destroyed at work accidentally - I don't remember him telling me that but at least now the cost is more than halved so that is a relief.

My first payment came through from my extra work overnight!  That will certainly be a big help this month. I really hope the work continues till the end of the year.

This morning I'm off to Aldi to check out their sale on winter ski gear. I'm hoping I can get some warm winter clothes for our holiday at low cost and they have a sale on this morning on waterproof boots, jackets and fleece lined leggings and tops.  I need boots and a waterproof jacket and I do not want to pay a huge amount.

After that I'm off to Spotlight. I have a $30 voucher that was a gift and two vouchers for $40 off $100 spend. I need some flannelette sheets (own none!) and DH needs a new pillow so will get them at the sale. These vouchers usually come out about twice a year so thats when I stock up if I need linen or sewing things.

I'm looking forward to the Royal Wedding coverage over the weekend. Its lovely to have some good news on the TV for a change and who doesn't love a wedding!  As well as that I have a list of jobs I need to get done this weekend:

  • continue paper shredding - the end is in sight!
  • make yoghurt
  • make muffins
  • make soup
  • clean the bathroom
  • set up budget in BudgetPulse
These pics are from my walk around work yesterday.

No comments: