Pages

22 Mar 2018

Chicken Soup & Mortgage Progress

Well at the moment I'm off work sick, feeling pretty second hand at the moment but at least I can rest up at home. DD made a lovely big pot of chicken soup and we've been eating that - its the perfect comfort food when we're all sick with the latest bug thats doing the rounds.

I love making soup and I love eating soup! This recipe had lemongrass and ginger in it which gave it a lovely warm feeling on my sore throat. Its a recipe we'll make again.

Here is the recipe she used: Chicken Stock & Soup Recipe.



On the mortgage front today I made some extra payments to bring the balance down to $158,975.  Thats takes us to the end of Year 10 on the original amortisation schedule.  It means we've paid 5% off the mortgage since we started this blog.  The next goal balance is $155,123 which will take us to end of year 11 balance.

To reach my end of year goal of <$100,000 we will need to pay $1475/week. A big goal but I'm going to just keep believing I can get there somehow. My extra work starts next week which will help but I still need to work on reducing expenses further.

Tomorrow I'm off to see my doctor for an annual checkup and then back home for the day to curl up on the lounge and rest.

No comments: