Pages

24 Feb 2018

Markets & Snowballs!

This morning we had a lovely trip to the local markets. They are held once a month and I've been saying I should go for years - well today I finally made it. Had a lovely time. It was a lovely sunny day, lots of farmers outside with produce and all the inside pavilions were filled with all sorts of goodies. 



I only took $20 to spend and bought 1kg of honey for $10 and a beautiful jar of orange whiskey marmalade for $7. It tasted divine!  The lady who had the jam stall wins all the prizes at the show and I will definitely be visiting her stall again next month.



Threw a couple of nice big snowballs at my mortgage this week after making the regular payment & all the bills being paid.  The new balance is  $161,794!

Its exciting to see the number dropping!  Every time I see something I want to buy I just tell myself it can wait till after the mortgage is paid off. I just want it gone.  I'm looking forward to seeing the interest payment start to drop down - might track it in the sidebar.

Had a wonderful walk this morning 6.5kms (4 miles) before the sun came up. We walk for an hour and a half on weekends now and an hour 3 days during the week. I feel so much better for it. Its good to get outside in the fresh air and we're lucky to have so many lovely green spaces to walk in.



Overall its been a very good week.


2 comments:

Cheapchick said...

I love going to the farmers market, especially in our summer with all the produce. Congrats on your snowballs!

Jan said...

it was such a nice relaxed atmosphere, not everyone rushing about like down the street, will certainly be going again.