Pages

10 Feb 2018

Bargains, work & weekend plans

I used a $20 voucher from my surveys this week to pick up some specials:
Oral B toothpaste usually $5 each  x 5 = $25
Bic pk 4 razors usually $5 each x 2 = $10
$35 worth of products for free.


Yesterday afternoon I was getting milk at the corner shop and they had BBQ chickens marked down to $6, so I bought two. They are usually $12.99 each and this will do us for meals and sandwiches for the next few days.  I need to spend $50 at Coles tomorrow to collect my bonus points -other than that I'm trying to stay away from the shops!

My week at work ended on a low note. Theres an issue coming up that I can't avoid, its one I've argued in the past and thought was settled as I was backed up by the legal branch of our company. Well apparently the 'new' management has a different view now. I felt very down yesterday - its not an issue I can compromise on and it will put me in conflict with people. I'm already stressed thinking about it and didn't sleep much last night. I'd love to just walk away but I can't.

I've been reading blogs for the last few hours as it really helps me to keep on track with my goal. I'm about to head out for my early morning walk which always helps! After that I'm going to get stuck into the last of the decluttering in my front lounge room, more of the paper shredding and we have a few more outdoor blinds to put up this weekend.

just gotta focus on getting through one day at a time.

2 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Well done on stretching your free $20 to $35. I used to keep my points/vouchers until Christmas but this year decided to spend them as I earn them and use them only for regular groceries...they seem to be stretching further that way. Jobs....only way to deal with it is one foot in front of the other.....and if you must take a break like a walk (inside your building if need be...pretend you have an important errand). Sometimes that tiny mental break can help you make it through the day

Jan said...

I think I need to build a few regular breaks in at work and just walk somewhere, it will also be good exercise! I used to save my points too, but it seems to be working better to use them throughout the year.